If you are also about to finish the school year and need something else other than your course material, quotes are always good for wonderful activities.
What can you do with them?
1. Write some of them on pieces of paper and stick to the walls and do wall dictation.
2. Jumble some of them and ask them to unjumble.
3. Play hang man or charades.
4. Ask them to choose one and illustrate it and prepare a poster.
5. Ask them to create a slideshow, using moviemaker, animoto, photopeach, bookr.
6. Tell them to create word clouds.
7. Brainstorm ideas and ask them to write stories in groups.
8. Let them create glogsters.
9. Don’t forget to discuss them.
10. Ask them to choose a favourite and give reasons.
Some quotes to begin with
We become ourselves through others. Lev Vygotsky
Hope is good breakfast but it is bad supper. Francis Bacon
Nothing is built on stone; all is built on sand but we must build as if the sand were stone. Jorge Luis Borges
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one’s ignorance. Confucius
Imagination is more important than knowledge. Einstein
Some people should start up ideas and other ones should carry them out. Jimmy Hendrix
A teacher can but lead you to the door, Learning is up to you. Chinese Proverb