I haven’t taken any blog challenges so far this year and a dear friend who I first met on twitter and then in real life, Carol Goodey tagged me for a very challenging 🙂 blog challenge. It looks difficult to find 11 of everything but I’ll try to do my best.
Let’s see what the task includes:
- Acknowledge the nominating blogger.
- Share 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you.
- List 11 bloggers.
- Post 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate to answer, and let all the bloggers know they have been nominated. Don’t nominate a blogger who has nominated you.
11 random facts about me
1. I’m a mom to a beautiful lady and a handsome guy. They are twins.
2. I work at the school I graduated from and this was my dream when I was at high school. After working in 4 different schools for 6 years, I found myself at my school and it was 17 years ago.
3. September is a lucky month for me. Too many good things happened in September. My first date with my husband was in September. Four years later we got married in September, quite by chance it was the day of our first date. I learned I’d have my twins in September. I started blogging in September. I love September 🙂
4. Although I seem chatty and friendly in social media, in real life I can be very quiet.
5. I love my home and I can spend days at home without even looking out of the window. Weird, I know 😉
6. I love drawing, painting. I once painted the walls, cupboards at home and now I just spend hours in front of the computer.
7. I love reading books. I love leaving small notes in the books I read. I don’t like bookmarks. The pages should speak to me when I take the book back a few years later..
8. I don’t drive and I’m happy with it. (To my surprise I found out that most of my PLN don’t either)
9. I’ve always wanted to learn Italian but unfortunately never found time for that. I love Italian songs, writers, food …
10. I’m a good cook. I sometimes I even think I should quit teaching and open a bakery.
11. When I was a kid I loved watching TV very much, now I hardly watch anything.
My answers to Carol’s questions:
1. What do you most enjoy about blogging?
I like sharing ideas, speaking my mind, getting feedback and support from my PLN
2. Do you play a musical instrument? If not, would you like to? Which one?
Well, I used to play the piano now I simply can’t. I can only play a tune with my right hand but I wish I could start practising again.
3. How far do you travel to work? How do you travel?
I’m lucky. I live close to my school. I takes 20 minutes. I walk and then take the underground.
4. What do you enjoy most about the work that you do?
We start a new class every year. That’s a challenge. New kids, new habits… and I need to update myself regularly.
5. What was the first thing you ate today?
a piece of cheese and a cracker
6. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go? Why?
I love traveling. I wish I were a tourist everyday. Anywhere in Europe, but I think I’d like to see Dublin very much. Why? Well, books I read.
7. What month next year are you most looking forward to? Why?
May. I’ll go to Sweden with my students. we will attend our first MUN conference as a school.
8. What meal do you prepare most often for friends?
Depends. If I have more time to prepare lots of vegetables cooked in oil olive, salads, mezes, and meat in different sauces. If not, then pasta and salad 🙂
9. What was the last movie you saw? What did you think?
Now You See Me. I liked it.
10. What three things do you like to have with you when working?
My glasses ( well, without them I can’t read a single line. Thanks to my relationship with my computer I have terrible eyesight now), a cup of coffee (at home), my post-it notes ( in the class)
11. What do YOU think about reality TV shows?
Well sometimes I watch but I don’t spend much time in front of the telly. partly because we just have on TV and kids choose when they are around or my husband zaps and I spend my evenings reading blogs or searching the net.
First of all I should say that I tried not to double tag anybody. if you happened to be tagged twice while this post is posted, it’s a coincidence.
My Questions for the 11 bloggers
1. Do you remember the first class you entered as a teacher?
2. What is your favorite social media platform? Why?
3. How do you think blogging helps your teaching?
4. Tea or Coffee?
5. Who is your favorite singer, band, musician?
6. Do you attend conferences? Why? / why not?
7. Who were the most helpful tweeters or bloggers for you when you started blogging or tweeting?
8. What will be the first goal in your New Year’s resolutions list this year?
9. Where would you like to travel in 2014?
10. How long does it take to write a blog post for you and how often do you update your blog?
11. What is your favorite food?
Thanks you Carol for tagging me and including me in the game 🙂
The random facts, questions and answers of the bloggers I tagged