As we celebrate Christmas on January 6th, I planned this lesson for my young learners for tomorrow.
The lesson is for A1 students
- Divide the class into two.
- Ask students to make a row in from of the board.
- On slips of papers, write short sentences and give it to the one at the back.
- Tell him/her to whisper the sentence to his/her friend so that he/she passes it to the one in front of him.
- Continue till the first person in the row.
- The one in the front row will write the sentence on the board.
- Check mistakes.
- Then the one in the front row goes at the back.
- Repeat the process until all the students come to the first row to write the sentence on the board.
I learned an activity similar to the one above at a drama workshopI attended last week. In that one, the instructor, showed us a picture and wanted us to make a sentence and write it on papers left for us. We even discussed to create a story that way but my 4th graders are slow learners and need a lot of practice and guidance. I want to try this one first and then maybe in a second attempt I can ask them to write their own short sentences.