First Week of the School

Schools started. I have new classes and I have classes that I know from last year. We started working hard. We, as the English Department of our school, prepared lessons to motivate our students.

With my year 11 students, we talked about overcoming obstacles, being decisive, being ambitious, the place of disabled people in the society, paralympic games. I used Sean Banville’s lesson on Oscar Pistorius. I told my students to create posters and some suggested preparing glogs. You can view their glogs on our class blog as well.

If you can visit our class blogs and leave a comment for them, they may feel more motivated.

11 Comments on First Week of the School

1. Amanda
    September 22, 2012 at 12:49 pm (3 years ago)

Hello again!
    Your blog is really so interesting and I feel that even though I am going to be teaching elementary I still feel that there is so much to learn from your teaching techniques!
    I love the way you showed that you do different teaching styles dependent on the grade level in question. I feel like I can apply this to taking each students learning style into account and changing my technique to work on it.
    Thank you for posting such great advice!

• Eva Buyuksimkesyan
      September 22, 2012 at 1:26 pm (3 years ago)

and thank you for visiting.

2. Morteza Hojjat Shamami
    September 22, 2012 at 1:14 pm (3 years ago)

Welcome back and keep in touch!

3. Christina Tsiagli
    October 3, 2012 at 12:33 pm (3 years ago)

Hello, again! I visited your students’ blog and I was really impressed. We are trying to set up our own student blog, so it was great to see how that works. They have done such a good job with their poems and their presentation of their writing. My students are much younger, but I am definitely going to show them your students’ blog. They will be inspired at the least.
    christina

• Eva Buyuksimkesyan
      October 3, 2012 at 3:30 pm (3 years ago)

Thanks,
      I would also like to read their blog when it is ready and leave a comment to encourage them. I also have younger learners, maybe we can ask them to leave comments for each other. Let’s keep in touch
      Eva

4. Creative Teacherette
    October 4, 2012 at 9:56 am (3 years ago)

I love how you incorporate contemporary media in your classes, I’ll be trying it out for sure when I start teaching for real. :) Thank you for your ideas!

4Pingbacks & Trackbacks on First Week of the School

1. […] With my year 12 students, who will graduate and take the university exam, we read ‘Go and Open the Door’, a poem written by Miroslav Holub. It is a great poem to talk about opportunities, chances, memories, etc and my students wrote their own poems. You can view their poems on their class blogs.  […]

2. […] 1. First Week of the School […]