Materials: power point, images of holiday places
Target language: Past tenses
Ask students to create a 2-slide powerpoint. On one slide they will upload a photo they have taken from a holiday. On the second slide, they will write a short text describing the picture. They may answer the following questions to write their texts.
▪ where was the photo taken?
▪ Who were you with?
▪ When were you there?
▪ How long did you stay there?
▪ What kind of a place was it?
▪ What were the typical things there (food, music, etc)
▪ Did you enjoy being there?
Then you can combine all the slides and prepare an ‘Our Holiday’ presentation.
Web 2.0 alternatives
- Upload the pictures on voice thread and ask students to record their voice and describe their photos. Then ask the other students to comment on each photo.
- Tell your students to create posters using tabblo
- Create a glogster and upload all the photos students used, record their voices talking about their holidays or if they are ok with video recording, record them while talking about their holidays.
Highly practical activities, Eva!
When i was on vocation i was with my family and we had conducted a tour. It was very fun and joy. I never forget that lovely moments
Thank you for the great idea about vacations and teaching past tense. Everyone will enjoy and benefit from it, the students will be able to share their happy memories and everyone watching can enjoy seeing and hearing about new places.