I want to share another activity I did with my students last week.
I gave them a Christmas bauble template and told them they would do the following tasks: ( as we have recently done “perhaps”, “definitely”, “maybe” to talk about future)
- Write the followings on your Christmas Tree Ornament, then decorate your ornament, cut it and hand in to your teacher. You will create a Christmas Tree on the wall.
- Your name:
- Presents you want to get at Christmas.
- Presents you will give to your family and friends.
- 2 things you will do during the Christmas break.
- 5 things you will do in the New Year ( 2014)
I will also do “like” and “as” with another class tomorrow so I’m planning to assign them to write a poem on their baubles.
Here’s the skeleton of their poems
- Christmas sounds like —
- Christmas tastes like —-
- Christmas feels like —
- Christmas looks like —
- Christmas smells like —
- Christmas sounds like —-
- Christmas is a time
- When —
Brilliant idea, thanks for sharing!
WONDERFUL activity. This will tie in nicely with their holiday research projects. Thanks so much for sharing.
Excellent idea, I’m going to try it today 🙂 thanks for sharing
The beauty of this idea is that classes with a wide range of proficiency levels can all make a great tree.