A Journey in TEFL

ImageChef.com - Get codes for Facebook, Hi5, MySpace and more

Welcome to the 33rd ELT carnival. The theme is Using Music and Songs in EFL Classes and today I’m happy to introduce a wonderful album to you. If you are ready grab a cup of coffee (hot or cold), put the record on and enjoy …

Here we begin

A Business English Sing Along

Vicki Hollett

From A Journey in TEFL by Anna Musielak

Using Songs

Anna Musielak

From B’s Life with English by Baiba Svenka

Hollywood is dead or is it?

From B's Life with English by Baiba Svenka Hollywood is dead or is it?

From B’s Life with English by Baiba Svenka
Hollywood is dead or is it?

SIDE 2

From mELTing Activities by Carissa Peck

Opinion Paragraph with Lyrics

and a bonus Not another Cloze! How else to use songs in EFL classes

From mELTing Activities by Carissa Peck Opinion Paragraph with Lyrics

From mELTing Activities by Carissa Peck
Opinion Paragraph with Lyrics

From Fun & Creative ESL workshops for kids by Caroline Leahy

Director’s Chair Top 10

From Fun & Creative ESL workshops for kids by Caroline Leahy Director’s Chair Top 10

From Fun & Creative ESL workshops for kids by Caroline Leahy
Director’s Chair Top 10

From Songs to Teach by Sibel Taskin Simsek

Everything at Once – Lenka

and a bonus: Love Street – The Doors

From Songs to Teach by Sibel Taskin Simsek Everything at Once - Lenka

From Songs to Teach by Sibel Taskin Simsek
Everything at Once – Lenka

From A Journey in TEFL by Eva Buyuksimkesyan

Two Songs to Describe Two Ladies

From A Journey in TEFL by Eva Buyuksimkesyan Two Songs to Describe Two Ladies

From A Journey in TEFL by Eva Buyuksimkesyan
Two Songs to Describe Two Ladies

From Teach Them English by Adam Simpson

Why has it taken me so many years to use songs in my teaching?

From Teach Them English by Adam Simpson Why has it taken me so many years to use songs in my teaching?

From Teach Them English by Adam Simpson
Why has it taken me so many years to use songs in my teaching?

From ELThq by Alex Barboza

Stronger: Song Activity To Teach Comparatives

stronger

From ESL library. com by Shelly Terrell

20+ Activities and Resources for Teaching Language Through Song Lyrics

From ESL library. com by Shelly Terrell 20+ Activities and Resources for Teaching Language Through Song Lyrics

From ESL library. com by Shelly Terrell
20+ Activities and Resources for Teaching Language Through Song Lyrics

From Merve Oflaz’s blog by Merve Oflaz

Give me some sunshine!

From Merve Oflaz's blog by Merve Oflaz Give me some sunshine!

From Merve Oflaz’s blog by Merve Oflaz
Give me some sunshine!

The 34th ELT Blog Carnival will be held here and the theme is pronunciation!

You can always revisit the previous carnivals to get inspiration for your lessons from The ELT Blog Carnival home page

If you have a song lesson that you want to share with us, please leave a comment below :)

14 Comments so far

1.    Adam Simpson (@yearinthelifeof) on August 1, 2013 6:23 am      Reply

What a great selection of posts.

•    Eva Buyuksimkesyan on August 1, 2013 6:27 am      Reply

Thank you Adam for your contribution.

2.    Caroline Leahy on August 1, 2013 6:26 am      Reply

Thank you so much for featuring my blog in the carnival!! I can’t wait to check out all links to other ELT blogs that are here.
    This is such a cool idea!!!

•    Eva Buyuksimkesyan on August 1, 2013 6:33 am      Reply

Just met your blog Caroline and it’s now in my reading list. great ideas :) Thanks for your contribution

3.    Sibel Taşkın Şimşek on August 1, 2013 6:57 am      Reply

Thanks Eva once again for this great opportunity:)

•    Eva Buyuksimkesyan on August 1, 2013 7:10 am      Reply

Thank you Sibel for sharing your posts :) you have great ideas on your blog.

4.    Merve Oflaz on August 1, 2013 7:30 am      Reply

Dear Eva,
    Thank you very much for giving a chance to be a part of this great event. It’s great to learn about all these creative activities of fabulous bloggers!
    See you in another carnival:)
    Cheers

•    Eva Buyuksimkesyan on August 1, 2013 7:49 am      Reply

Thank you Merve for the wonderful post. We created a wonderful album together

5.    David Deubelbeiss on August 1, 2013 9:21 am      Reply

Eva,

Thanks for putting this together and I’ll be spending the weekend browsing and hopefully singing! I’ll put this up in the ELT Blog archive shortly.

David

6.    Ale on August 1, 2013 11:25 am      Reply

Thanks for including my blog post in the carnival ;)

7.    Carissa on August 1, 2013 7:08 pm      Reply

Awesome list! I hope to see the same quality next month!

8.    Baiba on August 2, 2013 1:17 pm      Reply

Eva, thanks! Now there is a whole lot of new ideas and resources for the coming ” new year”. :)

9.    Adam House on August 18, 2013 8:08 am      Reply

Def worth browsing! loads of good info here.

10.    Adam House on August 18, 2013 8:16 am      Reply

Some resources and great ideas here. Thanks so much for sharing!

Name (required)