Vintage Everyday is a site I came across via Read.Now.Learn.Go, a fabulous site updated almost everyday, full of links to very interesting sites that you can use in the class.
I was thinking about an activity that my students could do before we start working on narrative tenses in the class and this is my plan
Go to Vintage Everyday
Choose a photo of the week we are in
Describe the picture answering the following questions
- When was this photo taken?
- How was the weather?
- What was happening when this photo was taken?
- What had happened before the photo was taken?
You can use the following words
After, before, while, as, when, as soon as
Then answer the followings
- Which sentence tells that something happened before the photograph was taken?
- Which sentence tells that something happened at the time the photo was taken?
- Which sentence describes the weather?
Note: My students are teenagers and their level is B2
What a nice example of using technology and flipping the classroom to enhance learning.
I have shared this post and the Read. Know. Learn. Go. site with my Dutch followers on twitter.
What a brilliant idea! And what a great site Vintage Everyday is. I can’t wait to start using this idea in my classes in the New Year. With younger and older students too!