I haven’t written for a long time but I was a bit busy. This post is a letter actually. When I look back , I think 2010-2011 was a very successful school year both for me and my students.
With students we did many interesting things apart from the curriculum.
- The CelebrateUandMeDigitally wiki project was one of them. I’m sorry it looks a bit sleepy nowadays but with your help we can wake it up. Please do join us.
- My grade 10 students prepared many presentations, small projects and ı shared most of them with you. They are all familiar with web 2.0 tools, internet safety, netiquette and so on. They even use web 2.0 for their other lessons.
- maybe some of you will remember, I had assigned my students to write 20-page stories. They did it. They handed me their stories. some were very poor but they were all acceptable as they all wrote a 20 page story. Next time I’ll guide them better and I’d ask them to write shorter stories. I published 3 of them only. I thought about editing and correcting then I gave up the idea and left them as they were. This year I’ll be more careful about drafting and organising. I’m really proud of these kids and their products.
- I strted etwinning projects but I must confess they didn’t work well. If I do it again, I’ll choose less partners.
- I applied for a Comenius project for my school and it is accepted and on November 6th I’ll be in Romania for a week for the project’s 1st meeting. the project is called ‘The Magic of Reading’ and I’m hoping to share the details with you later.
- Last year was also a great year for me as a teacher because for the first time I presented at an international ELT conference, TesolFrance. I met my PLN there face to face, joined a blog marathon, became 2nd and had the chance to attend IATEFL Brighton and came back home with very bright memories and how I wish I could attend all IATEFLs now.
- 2011-2012 Academic Year looks also promising. I have loads of plans one of which is an other collaborative project with my PLN. I started the wiki and now I need your assistance to start the new project The Olympic Games, London 2012. Will you join me?
And before I go, my blog turned 2 on September 12 and that day was the same day I signed up for twitter and for two years I’ve changed a lot for the better. Now I really enjoy sharing, collaborating and helping.