1. Choose a poem to read with your students.
2. Write the title on the board and ask students to predict what the poem is about.
3. Divide the class in groups.
4. Give each group a copy of a word cloud you prepared previously.
5. Ask students to write a poem using the words from the word clouds.
6. Compare the poems of each group. (You may want to ask each group read the poems in their groups and mark them according to a criteria you prepared)
7. Distribute the original poem and see the similarities and differences.
8. Discuss the poem
9. Ask students to write their feelings about the poem.
- Students can create glogs for their poems.
- Students in groups can draw the picture of the poem.
- Students in groups can prepare a wall display with their poems and the original one and the word cloud and drawings.
Alternative: You can do the same activity with a song.