This week we, teachers on blogosphere, have a homework assigned by Darren Elliot. I really like this idea as Mike Harrison said ‘We need a project to uncover all these hidden gems’
The good thing about this project and It’s worth taking a look at this blog is we have a chance to examine the blogs and some posts again and again. This really helps us discover and rediscover new blogs, new educators and great ideas.
Before doing my homework, I visited some of my favourites and their blogrolls and I subscribed to the ones I just discovered as Shelly Terrell suggested subscribing as a great way to follow all the recent blog posts.
Now it’s time to reveal the hidden treasures.
1. The first one is from Life Feast. It is actually a recent post but as music is very important for me and most of us, it will be great to have it on this list. FUN TIME- enjoying songs is about sites which can bring music into your life.
2. If you are teaching young learners, Leahn’s blog Early EFL is a good stop and you must also read 10 Tips and Ideas for Teaching VYLs.
3. If you are in need of web 2.0 tools and don’t know how to use them,one of the best adresses is ZarcoEnglish – Tool of the day. On her blog, Alexandra Francisco posts a new tool from Monday to Friday with some suggestions. This post is about a tool which allows teachers to create worksheets, tests and quizzes.
4. This one is one of my favourites. I love the way Marisa Constantinides compare and contrasts tools and their uses. I find her tips very useful.
5. Ozge Karaoglu’s Blog is an other adress for you to stop and learn about web 2.0 tools. She is amazing and here is a wonderful post for you, bookmark it for the next Valentine’s Day.
6. And if you have just started blogging and need some guidance read this post written by Karenne Sylvester, English Language Teachers Now Blogging, tech tip 10
7. I love using songs in my classes and I shared some ideas that I used with my classes. If only Janet Bianchini had written this post before the Bilgi workshop. Here you can see how wordle or any other word poster can be used with songs in the classroom.
8. Marisa Pavan’s Linguistic Consultancy is a blog where she shares lesson ideas with her readers. This is a great article about a lesson.
9. Shelly Terrell’s blog should be a must follow because there are so many things to read. I chose this particular one as there are wonderful ideas and great links for vocabulary teaching.
10. And if you can’t find time to update your blog, have a look at Sean Banville’s blog for some Time Management Tips 4 Busy Teachers – Part II
I thoroughly enjoyed doing my homework and I hope I’ll repeat it again. Thank you Karenne for the homework message 🙂
🙂 I hope you make all the other bloggers do the same! Darren’s plan superb, I found such hiddengems this weekend too.
You’re amazing! What a fabulous list! I’m still working on my homework because I have a long list like you! LOL! I’ve been so behind on my Google Reader. Unfortunately, I won’t be able to blog about this till Wednesday.
Yep, I love the idea because of that I wrote part 1. I will certainly try to do more research during the summer holiday
Thanks, Eva, for including my blog in yous list! Your idea of “doing homework” is a great boost!
Good stuff, Eva! You put me to shame, as I only dug up three hidden gems. I’ll definitely give the exercise a go again, probably like you in the summer.
Thanks for keeping it going!!
Fantastic work Eva! You are a star pupil, uncovering all these gems. I definitely agree with you that this is something that can be done much more often. Thank you for mentioning my Marble Halls wordle 🙂
Hi Mike and Janet,
Thanks for your kind words.
Janet, you have wonderful hidden gems on your blog not just this one, I can even dedicate a homework for your blog 🙂
Good thing about blogs is we update them quite often but we mostly forget the previous entries. I do love Darren Elliot’s idea because of this. If we all do this from time to time I guess it will be fantastic.
Pingback: Tweets that mention My homework-Part 1 | A Journey in TEFL -- Topsy.com
Thank you so much for including my blog in your homework. This is all very motivating and was a great idea!
I hope to have time for my homework this weekend.