I learned this activity from an ELT seminar that I attended years ago but unfortunately I won’t be able to give you whose idea was that. It can be Jeremy Harmer but I’m sorry I really don’t remember.
It’s a good warm up and a filler. I’m about to give a workshop at British Council next week and searching my files to find motivating, engaging and fun activities then I found this one waiting to be remembered.
Here it is
- Ask students to choose a colour
- Tell them to think how does this colour feel like, sound like, taste like, smell like and looks like.
- Then ask some students to read their ideas
- Tell them now it’s time to write a poem
- Give them the outline of the poem
Title of the poem
————- feels like——
It sounds like ——–
It tastes like ———
It smells like ————
It looks like ————–
———— is a adjective ————-
After the exam, we had some time to be filled until the bell. As I found this one yesterday, I decided to do it with my class.
They wrote their poems and I collected them and then I decided to share it with you and I prepared a glogster and added to their class blog. I hope you will enjoy it and if you know whose idea is that, will you let me know?